Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Happy And Joyful Holiday Wishes From Harriet


You may not know this, but I've been traveling the last three years!
I've met fabulous people and had amazing adventures and I can definitely say this:
Long term travel is not for the faint hearted!

But onto the main point of this post.....

Happy Holidays!

In this painting, Arctic Fox is contemplating a joyful spirit and wishes you a
Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and a beautiful, peaceful season of lights.

I was not raised as a Christian and we did not celebrate Christmas. I respect and honor all the ways people worship in this world.
But I do confess, I love me some Christmas. It's a beautiful season. I love the lights, the music, the joyfulness of it.

Isn't it interesting that greetings at this time often contain the sentiment of joy.....
I believe that, even in a secular way, it is good to seek out joy and cultivate a joyful optimism within ourselves during this time of year because winter can make humans a little glum. The cold temperatures, the shorter daylight hours, the overall malaise.

We all kind of want to go within..... We just need to remember to remain joyful and keep our spirit light.

One other thing.....
A few years ago, I did a weekly email with a painting that incorporated (usually) an animal with an inspiring quote along with my take on the quote's meaning and significance.

Well, I'm starting that project again in 2022.
This is no feeble new year's resolution that runs out of gas by February.
Nope. This is it. I mean it. I'm rarin' to go! 52 pieces of new art by the end of the year!

So, before I sign off, I'd like to ask if you would like to receive an email from me weekly, each one with an inspiring quote and my take on its meaning along with fabulous art?

If so, please visit my website to sign up!

If you are wondering what sort of goodness would be in store for you, please visit the
Brooklyn Reader here where I was a featured Local Voices contributor from 2014 to 2017
or my hand-lettered paintings here

Have a Joyful Season and Happy New Year!

See you soon!

Harriet

No comments:

Post a Comment