Friday, January 3, 2014

2014's Theme: Pay Attention To Your Dreams

In the past few years, rather than come up with resolutions for the New Year, I have been getting a word or phrase that becomes a theme for the coming twelve months. A couple years ago it was "Have More Fun," and then another year, "Find Joy." Simple ideas, yet they provide a frame for all the experiences to come. This year, during the last two weeks of December, the phrase "Pay Attention To Your Dreams" has floated into my consciousness and has lingered. This phrase has become a catalyst for two things. First, it's the theme for the year, in and of itself. I think we all know how easy it is to not give a lot of weight to some of our dreams. Especially when we can get caught up in the day to day details of living. So this phrase will be my touchstone for 2014, and if you would like to borrow it, it can be yours too. The second thing this phrase catalyzes for me is a particular dream that I have been harboring for a while now. I have always wanted to do a series of hand lettered quotes and phrases......(you see where I'm going with this?) This piece of hand lettering is going to be the first of 52 weekly hand lettering samples that I will do in 2014. Every Friday morning I will post a hand lettered quote or phrase. They might be inspirational....they might be funny. That is one dream that I am taking action on now. Please join me in my journey and see if there is a dream that you can bring into fruition this year. Happy New Year.....and please.....Pay Attention To Your Dreams~!

No comments:

Post a Comment